$500 Cash Award to a Second Year Graduating Conestoga College Aviation Student
Private Air Inc. is sponsoring an annual scholarship to a student of the WWFC and Conestoga College Aviation Program. The successful applicant will receive a guaranteed flight crew interview with Private Air Inc. There may or may not be a position available at the time of the award, but an interview for experience will be offered, and if there is a seat available at the time, an offer of employment may be made with a successful interview.
Timeline: Applications accepted February 4-28, 2019. Applications MUST be submitted by 5pm EST on February 28, 2019. Any applications received after this time will not be considered.
Award Presentation: The recipient will be presented with the award and funds at the WWFC Wings Banquet on April 12, 2019.
Eligibility and traits:
1) A second year (Graduating) Conestoga College student at the WWFC
2) A Student who has expressed some interest in Corporate/Charter Aviation throughout their time at WWFC/Conestoga College
3) A student with an excellent attendance and punctuality record
4) PERSONALITY!! Someone who gets along with others in all settings
5) The award may not necessarily go to the person with the best grades, but rather the one who fits the corporate/charter profile best
6) There will be absolutely no ranking or bias based on gender, race, religion, age, wealth etc. Everyone in the class shall have an equal opportunity to earn this award.
Determining the Recipient:
1) Applications will be made in the form of a 1-2 page (no more than 2) essay/cover letter and 1-3 letters of reference (not a reference list). The contents of the essay/cover letter shall explain who they are, how they got to this point in their life and what they see for themselves in the next 1, 5 and 10 years
2) A short list of respondents will then answer a short questionnaire provided by Private Air and vetted by WWFC
3) A short in person discussion over a coffee/pop at the WWFC Restaurant with the Chief Pilot and other company personnel
4) Private Air will request attendance and punctuality review from the Management of WWFC. Understanding that due to privacy laws, actual records and statistics will not be provided to private air, but a ranking of 1-5 (1 being poor attendance/punctuality and 5 being perfect) on their opinion of this, from the management for each eligible candidate will be made by the CFI/Training Manager and/or GM.
5) Private Air will determine the winner of the award based on a point and rank scale and notify the recipient of the award at the WINGS banquet.
Download copy of the Scholarship Details.
All applications MUST be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm EST, February 28, 2019. Any applications submitted after the due date will not be considered.