The Flight Instructor Rating is approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
Flight Instructor Rating (FIR) - the student becomes the teacher!
A flight instructor gets to share their passion for flying by teaching others how to fly.
A Flight Instructor Rating - Aeroplane, allows you to:
- Instruct students while employed and supervised at a Flight Training Unit
- Valid CPL or ATPL
- Valid Category 1 Medical Certificate
- Completed Private Career College Admission Application (PCC#105919)
To achieve your Flight Instructor Rating (Class 4) you must have:
- completed 30 hours dual instruction, including 5 hours in the teaching of instrument flying skills
- successfully completed a flight test to the standard outlined in the Flight Test Standard – Instructor Rating (TP 5537E)
- completed 25 hours of ground school including mandatory subject areas.
- obtained a minimum of 70% on the written examination (AIRAF).