Saturday, August 17, 2019
Grab your walking shoes and explore the airport on foot at this free family event. Learn how the aviation industry works, meet pilots, get up close to airport equipment, vintage aircraft and classic cars.
Visit aviation-related displays in the Airport’s Terminal Building, Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre, Royal Canadian Air Cadet Youth Development Centre, and see unique and vintage aircraft up close on Apron IV, an area usually restricted to the public.
Flights – WWFC will be offering flights for $40/person. First come, first serve. No pre-registration.
Please bring a non-perishable food item or cash donation for the Cambridge Self Help Food Bank and The Food Bank of Waterloo Region. To date, Aviation Fun Day has collected 5,989 pounds of food raised $9,786 dollars. All to help the one in 20 households in Waterloo Region that needs food assistance!
WWFC is offering local scenic flights from 11am-3pm, first come, first serve. No preregistration. Cost is $120/plane. Visit the WWFC Flight Registration Tent for more info!
Join us for fun filled day and help strengthen our community! If you are interested in volunteering, we’ll be posting the link on this page in July.
Features at WWFC include:
- FREE facepainting by Happy Art Face Painting
- 822 Tutor Squadron Royal Canadian Air Cadets
- Air Combat Zone & Locked on Photography
- Air Georgian
- AME Association of Ontario
- AVIDRONE Aerospace Incorporated
- Brick Works Academy
- Conestoga College Aviation Program
- Fanshawe College
- Great Lakes Helicopter
- Gyro Ontario
- Mission Aviation Fellowship of Canada
- Northern Lights Aero Foundation
- Ready Set Fly
- University of Waterloo Aviation Programs
- Waterloo Rocketry
- Women in Aviation – Winged Warriors
Participate in the passport promo for a chance to win a local scenic flight!
How to enter:
- Pick up a passport at any of the participating venues.
- Find the six maple leaf logos as you explore Aviation Fun Day.
- Get your passport stamped at the six locations.
- Drop off your filled out passport in one of the two boxes at WWFC.
See full rules and regulations for more details. Draw will take place August 23 and the winner will be notified via email or phone.