The Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre offers distinct programs for individuals who want to pursue a career path as a commercial pilot.
- Among the 5 largest flight schools in Canada
- A non-profit corporation – which means profits are all re-invested in the business
- Experience! 2012 is our 80th Anniversary!
- A registered Private Career College (PCC#105919), registered with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
- Located at the Region of Waterloo International Airport (YKF), International, controlled, IFR facility
- Surrounded by airspace that supports training from initial to IFR
- Offered our Postsecondary programs for more than 12 years
- An excellent student graduation rate
- Industry connections at both the local & national levels
- A great team of flight instructors, including senior levels (Class 1, IFR and Pilot Examiner)
- A fleet of:
- 3 Piper Seminoles
- 10 Cessna 172s (N and S model)
- 5 Cessna 152s
- 2 Cessna 172RGs
- 3 Diamond Katanas
- 1 Diamond DA40
- 1 Cirrus 2 Elite Simulator
- 1 MFD Elite Simulator
- Graduates working in all areas of the industry, including major airlines
- An excellent safety record
Conestoga College Aviation Diploma
This two year (5 semester) program includes a college diploma and Commercial Pilot License with a Multi Engine Instrument Rating. This program is ideal for recent high school graduates seeking a post-secondary credential.
University of Waterloo Aviation Program
This 4 year degree program is ideal for students wishing to pursue a degree in Science or Geography. Along with your degree, you'll graduate with a Commercial license with Multi-Engine and Instrument endorsements. Combine your interest in science or geography with your passion for flying.
Fast Track Professional Pilot Program
The Fast Track training program is ideally suited for students who already hold a post-secondary diploma or degree or mature students contemplating a career change. The program takes just 16 months and includes the Commercial License and Multi Engine Instrument Rating.
Commercial Pilot Licence
A commercial licence allows a pilot to fly for compensation. It is the foundation for all professional pilot careers.
Flight Instructor Rating
This professional rating allows the holder to teach other people to fly. There are various classes of instructor, starting with a Class 4 and moving up to a Class 1. Class 1 Instructors have the privilege of teaching people to become Flight Instructors.
This rating allows the holder to fly non-high-performance multi-engine aeroplanes as endorsed on their license. It is one of the ratings pilots pursuing a career in aviation complete early on in their training.
An Instrument Rating lets you fly when the weather is not suitable for VFR flight alone. You can fly through cloud or in restricted visibility. This rating is a requirement to pursue a professional aviation career.
If you're currently living outside Canada, and want to complete your flight training here, we have the information you need to get started.
Financing available! RBC Student Line of Credit