The Multi-Engine Rating - one of the ratings pilots pursuing a career in aviation complete early on in their training.
Vocational program, not registered under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
A Multi-Engine Rating allows you to:
- fly non-high-performance multi-engine aeroplanes as endorsed on your licence.
- Valid PPL or CPL
- Valid Category 1 or 3 Medical Certificate
To achieve your multi-engine rating you must have:
- Completed sufficient dual instruction to meet the flight test standards.
- Successfully complete a flight test to the standard outlined in the Flight Test Standards – Multi-Engine Rating - Aeroplane (TP219)
- There is no Transport Canada Study and Reference Guide for this course, as there is also no written exam
- Knowledge of multi-engine theory and practical application of performance charts will be tested during the flight test.
- Your instructor will provide reading assignments to prepare you.