Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre is celebrating International Women’s Day by inviting you to bring your daughters, nieces, cousins, friends, and grand-daughters – ANY girls who are interested in the freedom of flight to enjoy a FREE day at our facility (located at the Region of Waterloo International Airport) and experience what a life in aviation is all about.
– GPS Demos, flight helmets, headsets and portable GPS units from our partners at Kitchener Aero Avionics.
– 530 Havoc Squadron Royal Canadian Air Cadets will provide a flight simulator for girls to test out/play around with!
– The Region of Waterloo International Airport is strong and committed partner to our work with women in aviation.
– Great Lakes Helicopters will have a R22 helicopter on display, and will have instructors available to answer all your helicopter questions!
– Free Lego activities for kids courtesy of Brick Works Academy.
– Cadet Youth Development Centre will host exhibits that include flight simulators and also developing science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) programs for girls.
– Take a picture in a real plane! WWFC will provide access to our aircraft in the hangar, will display an engine cut-away, a fuselage, an interactive instrument panel, and a UAV/drone display. Lots of cool stuff to get your hands on!
– Our aviation partners at Aeryon Labs Inc. will be featuring their unmanned aerial system (drone) technology. See how to collect aerial imagery safely and more accurately.
– Any girls want to join the Royal Canadian Air Force? We will have representatives from the Canadian Armed Forces available to chat with the girls!
– We proudly partner with The Ninety-Nines, Inc. Established in 1929 by 99 women pilots, the members of The Ninety-Nines, Inc., International Organization of Women Pilots, are represented in all areas of aviation today. And, to quote Amelia, fly “for the fun of it!”
– Our aviation community wouldn’t be complete without our local chapter of COPA: The Breslau Flyers – COPA Flight 26 This chapter of COPA (Canadian Owners & Pilots Association) is a dedicated supporter of women in aviation initiatives and take the lead in our free flights for girls program.
– COPA 26 member, Jim Walker, has developed a really cool game that will engage and inspire our future female pilots! It’s called: Meet My Airport – Learn how to maneuver your aircraft around an airport and talk like a pilot, in only 20 minutes. Make sure to stop by and try this unique activity about flying!
We will have female pilots circulating in the crowd and available to chat with all the girls, and you will hear first-hand what it’s like to be a pilot during our speakers panel. (Speakers panel sessions in the hangar: 10:30am & 1pm)
Come out for the day – no event registration necessary
Remember some change for parking! All parking is available through The Region Of Waterloo International Airport – first 90 mins is free – flat full-day rate is $8
|There are no products|